Tips on Hiring Contractors
1. Request and check references from the contractor, and ask questions
about the contractor's quality of work and whether the jobs are completed
2. Verify the contractor has an active business and contractor license.
3. Check the Better Business Bureau for useful information about the contractor.
4. Verify the contractor carries the appropriate insurance for the work
5. Require the contractor to provide you with accurate documentation of
the work being performed:
b. Type of work performed.
c. Total cost.
d. Contractor contact information.
6. Be sure to understand all of the terms of the contracts or any other
documents before signing.
For more tips on hiring contractors, contact the State Division of Consumer
Affairs at www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/
Verify a license with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional
Licensing (DOPL) at https://secure.utah.gov/llv/
Wyoming: Verify business license Link:
Wyoming: Consumer Protection Link: http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/consumer.htm
Questar Gas Home
| ThermWise Home
| Contact Us
| Utah Tariff
| Terms and Conditions
| Site Map